812 Soulard Street, St. Louis, MO, 63104 / Cake artist: Mark Hurd
Founded in 1839 by Saxon immigrants, it is the oldest Lutheran congregation on the West of the Mississippi River. Its present location was built in 1864, having moved from their Lombard Street location (from 1842). The services are conducted in both English and German languages. Statues of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are present here, and several pieces of biblical memorabilia are on display. The church’s elementary school is the oldest continually operating of its kind in St. Louis.
Cake placement date: February 21
Where is the cake now?: The cake sold in the biddingforgood auction for $435 on 1/1/2015.