4211 Fee Fee Road, Bridgeton, MO, 63044 / Cake artist: Genevieve Esson

*National Register of Historic Places*

 

The Payne Gentry House is Missouri’s only historic-registered 19th century house that has a doctor’s office inside. Built in 1870, William Payne started his medical practice here in 1880. The house still contains items that were in the possession of the family that lived there (Mary Elizabeth and her daughter). Today, the Payne Gentry House is available for tours, and it hosts events. The house is located next to the Bridgeton Municipal Athletic Complex. It is noted by paranormal groups that it is one of the most haunted places in North County.

The Payne Gentry House with cake in front
The Payne Gentry House with cake in front

Payne Gentry House sign

Cake placement date: March 7

Where is the cake now?: The cake has since moved to the back of the house (still in public view).   (May 2017)

Memories: There was a long white board that allowed visitors to sign their names.

Payne Gentry House on Bridgeton’s city website

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *