6350 Delmar, St. Louis, MO, 63130 / Cake artist: Henryk Ptasiewicz
The Tivoli celebrated its 90th anniversary in 2014! The three-screen, four-story tall building opened on May 10, 1924. Live vaudeville shows were originally seen here. For nearly 70 years, it shown several films during their prime, until its decline and eventual closure in 1994. Entrepreneur Joe Edwards (Blueberry Hill founder) started the renovation process a year after its closing. Since then, it has introduced a new generation for film enthusiasts. In addition to being the place to view independent and foreign movies, the Tivoli also has hosted numerous film festivals. Several classic movie posters from Hollywood’s ‘Golden Age’ are placed on the walls inside the Tivoli, as well as a statue of St. Louisan Vincent Price (his face is also on its cake).
Cake placement date: February 21
Where is the cake now?: The cake was moved to inside their foyer in 2015, where it still sits. (October 2017)