4200 South Grand Blvd., St. Louis, MO, 63111 / Cake artist: Mark Swain
The Feasting Fox was built in 1913 by the Anheuser-Busch company as the ‘Gretchen Inn’. Its architecture was styled after Tudor Revival. The place was later known as ‘Al Smiths’ and was that way until it closed in 1987. The building was vacant from 1987 to 1995, when it was re-opened under its current name. It specializes in German cuisine, including certain sausages and apple strudel. Antiques and brewery memorabilia are found inside the place.
Where is the cake now?: The cake has since moved to its patio area. (April 2017)
Notes: Multi-cake artist Mark Swain pays tribute to his home area roots with this cake, spotlighting several businesses from the Dutchtown, Cherokee-Lemp and Meramec Virginia Business districts: (The Original) Crusoe’s, Giuseppe’s, Missouri Professional Cycling Series, Dad’s Cookie Company, Merb’s Candies, The Bluffs on Broadway, Urban Eats Cafe, Gus’s Pretzels and the Grbic Restaurant.