***PUBLIC VOTE WINNER***
4945 Daggett Avenue, St. Louis, MO, 63110 / Cake artist: Deann Rubin
One of the most popular (and oldest) restaurants in ‘The Hill’ is Rigazzi’s. The building it is in was built in 1901 and remains a St. Louis landmark. Rigazzi’s was founded in 1957 by Louis Aiazzi and John Riganti. Louis’s son, Mark, later took over the place until his death in 2013. At one time, this was a favorite hangout for St. Louis Blues players and fans while the Arena was close by. Their menu consists of old and new Italian traditions, and they are proudly the home of the 32-oz. ‘fishbowl’ of beer!
Cake placement date: February 21
Where is the cake now?: The cake was removed, but it is now displayed outside the restaurant in their newly refurbished front patio. (October 2017)