12580 Rott Road St., St. Louis, MO, 63127 (it is actually located near Sunset Hills and Kirkwood) / Cake artist: Nick Lang
The land where Laumeier Sculpture Park currently sits on was first purchased by James Sutton in 1835 from the U.S. government. Real estate developer Henry Laumeier and his wife purchased the property sometime in the mid-20th century. Henry died in 1959, and his widow, who passed in March 1968, left the land in her will to be gifted to the people and residents of St. Louis County. By 1975, there was discussion about turning the property into a sculpture park, and the dream became a reality in 1977. Today, the park consists of more than 60 sculptures!
Cake placement date:
Where is the cake now?: The cake sold for $550 in the biddingforgood auction on 1/1/2015.