1 Lone Elk Park Road, St. Louis, MO, 63088 (actually located near Eureka and Valley Park) / Cake artist: Alissa Shoults
According to Lone Elk Park’s Facebook page, it is a wildlife management area, which consists of deer, bison, turkeys, waterfowls and of course, elk. During WWII, the land belonged to the Tyson Valley Powder Plant. After the war, it became a county park and herds of bison and elk were established here. However, years later in 1958, the herds were destroyed. One lone elk survived, and by 1966, the park was named Lone Elk Park. It was open to the public on October 17, 1971. The park is 546 acres, and six bison were acquired from the Zoo.
Cake placement date: March 7
Where is the cake now?: The cake sold in the biddingforgood auction for $555 on 1/1/2015.