209 S. Kingshighway St., St. Charles, MO, 63301 / Cake artist: John Troy

 

Lindenwood University is the second oldest higher-education institution west of the Mississippi River. It was founded in 1827 by George Champlin Sibley and his wife, Mary Easton Sibley. It got its name from the several linden trees that were on the land when it was purchased. Lindenwood was originally a girls school (its name was The Lindenwood School For Girls), it became co-ed in 1969. It is one of the fastest-growing universities within the last 25 years.

The Harlen C. Hunter Stadium as seen from the top
The Harlen C. Hunter Stadium as seen from the top

LU

Cake placement date: March 28

Where is the cake now?:  The cake, as well as the Daniel Boone Home cake, were both reportedly placed in storage together. (The university runs Daniel Boone property)

Memories: The cake was placed outside, in front of Spellmann Center.

Lindenwood University on Facebook / Official website

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *