1000 Jessup Dr W, O’Fallon, MO, 63366 / Cake artist: Leah Pruitt
The only cake to be placed in any of the O’Fallons (of IL and MO) was placed in one of the oldest parks in the St. Louis region. Revolutionary War veteran Jacob Zumwalt and his family settled on the land where the park is now. Zumwalt died in 1820. Parts of his house that remain (in the park) include his stone chimney and his fireplaces. There is a replica of a War of 1812 fort in the park as well. The Darius Heald Home (where the cake was located on the outside) was built in 1884.
The land for the park was purchased by the state of Missouri in the early 20th century, and eventually to the city of O’Fallon. The park has a 4-acre lake and plenty of shaded areas, even places to play disc golf. Today, Fort Zumwalt Park hosts several annual and weekly events. This includes ‘Founders Day Celebration’ in May and the ‘Festival of Lights’ during the holidays.
Cake placement date:
Where is the cake now?: The cake sold in the biddingforgood auction for $501 on 1/1/2015.